“One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.”

– Malala Yousafzai

My name is Sarah, and I am a passionate educator.

Zelda and I love to roam around local hiking trails.

I was born and raised in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains. When I was young, I would set up my classroom in my Granny’s backyard and instruct any teddy bear willing to listen. My teachers helped foster a need to learn more about the world around me throughout the years. They encouraged me, supported me, and provided empathy when I needed it the most. Having role models such as these made me want to continue their legacy in the education field.

I am grateful for every lesson these students taught me during my mentorship.

I attended Radford University and received a BS in Art Education. I taught all ages at local art studios for eleven years between degrees. I am currently enrolled in the MAT Elementary Education program at Hollins University and will be graduating on May 22, 2022. Hollins University has helped me become a more vigorous advocate for all diverse learners and understand the importance of equitable instruction. Every child deserves quality instruction in a safe and supportive learning environment.

I enjoy learning new art mediums and sitting on the front porch with my big blue hound dog outside the classroom. In addition, I have painted several murals sponsored by the Lion’s Club and Wonder Universe Children’s Museum.

My Teaching Philosophy

Professional Resumé

One thought on “”